Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time Management....Say What?

Let's see, it's been a few days since I last posted. It's not that I didn't want to, I just wasn't able to squeeze in a few extra moments for a post. By the time I sat down at night, my eyes fought me for control, my eyes won by slamming closed. By the third night, I stopped fighting. Sweet, blissful sleep suddenly became more important than anything last week.

The family business is chugging along nicely but it's eating up precious writing hours. I can live with that since the business is what pays the bills, but if I go too long without writing, those pesky voices in my head become loud, demanding and even argue with each other. At that point, I'm no good to anyone, not even myself. I try to tell them I'll be back to tell their story, but, my precious voices simply won't accept that. They're like spoiled children demanding attention stomping around in my brain and sneaking their way into awkward moments when I should be focused on something else.

On a good note, my kid had a night of practice at the racetrack. Glad we went to practice since the car couldn't seem to make it around the track without spinning out on every corner. Hubby and son, along with other drivers, figured out the problem and it looks like the car will be worth driving this Friday night. I know I said I'd be posting pics, I have pics, I just haven't gotten around to putting them on the computer yet. They'll be coming.

The virtual book tour is in full swing with interviews up all over the place. I have a review coming out this Friday for Black Smoke. If it's good, I'll post where it can be read. If it makes me cry, you'll never know it and you'll have to go hunting the review for yourself. My ego and emotions are overly sensitive lately so I'm not gonna subject myself to any painful torture. *grin*

Okay, that's all I got tonight. My eyes are snarling at me because I'm making them stay open longer than they want to. Think I'll let them win yet again tonight. Hopefully, things will slow down a bit by next week and I can get back to writing on the WIP.

Have a good one everyone......

Happy reading.........

No comments: