Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rant Time!!! Are you willing to let big business dictate what you'll buy?

Has everyone heard about paypal forcing merchants and publishers who use their services to ban erotic writings? If they don't, paypal will cancel their accounts. What does this mean? All Romance eBooks, Smashwords, Bookstrand, you won't be able to buy your favorite erotic romance from them anymore. My question? Who the hell are they to police what is read and written and how exactly are they getting away with it? Censorship, freedom of speech, any of this sound familiar?

Here's a great article on the subject Paypal Strong Arms Indie Publishers Over Erotic Content

I for one will be terminating my account. There are other alternatives to use and I will be be checking them out.
Exactly how much money do you think paypal will lose over this? I hope it sinks them. I know, that's cruel, but that's the way I feel. I simply don't understand why corporations think they can manipulate the public this way.

Nows the time for a new payment service to surface and blow them out of the water. I wish I knew how to do it. Sadly, I'm not teck savvy.

Anyway, it's to you whether or not you choose to continue using them. If they get away with this, what will be next? Keep that in mind.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Oh and keep in mind some of the oldest classics will be banned as well.

No comments: