Monday, February 27, 2012

Lady Start Your Engine!!!!!!!

Sitting here watching the Daytona 500, probably the only race I'll watch this season. With life as hectic as it is, I don't have much time or care to get involved the entire season. That being said, I may have to check in once in a while to keep watch on Danica Patrick. Third woman ever to start the Daytona. Possibly the only one with a chance to make a mark in NASCAR.

She's got balls people. I'm talking big, beefy ones made of brass for a tiny woman. I love her attitude as well. In an interview with the great Daryl Waltrip she stated that she didn't much care for the term role model. She said people should want to be better than her, and ya know what, she's right! It's good to look up to people, but you should want to strive to be better. Here's a question for ya? How many men would you have heard those words come from?

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not man bashing, but anyone who watches pro sports knows ego's and arrogance go hand in hand. I simply found it refreshing to hear someone shrug off being the center of attention and say people should push to be more successful.

Of course, there are so many people out there bashing her. She doesn't belong. She can't drive, blah fucking blah. I say she scares the hell out of them, that's what their problem is. Excuse me, but the woman cut her teeth in INDY racing, won and was a force to be reckoned with. Get over yourselves, sit back and give the woman the credit she's due. Put your wanker back in your pants and stop armchair driving. Get your assess in a car and see what it takes to put over 2000lbs of metal powered by 900 horsepower around a track without bouncing off everyone and everything. Then I'll listen to ya!

Some of you may know, most probably not, I spent 6 years in a stock car being the only female to race upward to 20 men on any given night. I raced dirt, not asphalt and I much prefer dirt. More forgiving, especially when you roll 8 times. But, that's another story. The point is, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there and be criticized. IT SUCKS!! The crap you have to put up with is unbelievable. The disrespect, nauseating. So yeah, I go a little nuts when I hear shit being spouted from the ass holes positioned on the face. Of course, with the "role models" in our government disrespecting women every time they open their mouths, it's no wonder our nation still spouts this trash. But, enough of that.

I for one hope Danica tears up the track, keeps her head and remembers she has to be better than the men she races, not only in talent, but with her remarks and ego. Women like me, women who've been there, dealt with the garbage sure would like to have a woman to point to and say, "Take that egotistical ass wipes"

Whew, sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant. Anyway, racing gave me needed confidence in myself, standing up to those who claimed I belonged in bed with my legs spread let me see I could do anything I put my mind too. Take not ladies. We can be anything we want to be.

And, if you're lucky, you find a man who stands beside you and cheers you on, rides in the ambulance with you and makes sure you have a race-able car for the next week as you lay there tied to a board not able to move. My hero didn't ride a white horse, he drove an awesome red and white Camaro that he painted himself, won a trophy for and brought that bitch home to victory lane several times. He's still my hero and stands beside me in my new adventure of writing.

Go Danica! And, appreciate your hero behind the scenes.

No comments: