Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New project and tiny review of Larissa Ione's Eternal Rider

Hey all! Hope your summer is going well. My kids have been out of school for two weeks now and today I got to sit down and write a new chapter in my newest project. I've struggling to come up with strong characters and strong plot lately. Nothing I jot down seems to do if for me and then last night it hit me. I'm doing it backwards. What I mean is, I was trying to center my story around a male alpha when what I do best is write about a strong female alpha.

Everyone has their own way of writing, their own voice and style. Mine seems to work best when I center the plot around my female character and not the male. Sure, I like alpha males, but I NEED my female to just as strong. Once I got my head wrapped around that simple fact, the story came together. I plotted it out last night, spent most of my morning working the story in my head and then this afternoon sat down and wrote the first chapter.

I'm liking it so far. Tasha, that's my alpha female, is strong, not afraid of who she is and doesn't take crap off anyone. She doesn't apologize to anyone for who she is. If you like her, great. If you don't, your loss. Tasha likes riding her father's old motorcycle and loves leather. Her job, she's a body guard.

There, I gave you a taste of my latest WIP. I'm eager to get it written because I'm loving my characters and where they're headed in the story. I do so love it when a plot comes together.

I have some other projects in the works for this summer, but I'll keep those to myself for now. I'm superstitious and speaking of them first before I get them underway is a jinx. It'll probably take a while to get them underway.

So, the other day I read the first book in Larissa Ione's new series Lords of Deliverance. Eternal Rider. I loved it. Ten stars all the way. I love this woman and wish I had the talent she has in her pinky. If you want a good read that's different, loaded with hot characters and different story line, check out Eternal Rider. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

How could you not want to read about the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Action, hot romance and characters that return for a visit from her past books. I can't wait for the next story. Larissa is quickly becoming my favorite author.

Okay, that's about it for me tonight. My brain's fried and needs a rest so I can hit the new WIP hard tomorrow. That is if my kid's don't have me running like a mad woman around the country side.

Have a great rest of the week everyone and enjoy your weekend.

Happy reading..........

No comments: