Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE

Old man winter has welcomed 2008 with his icy fingers and chilling breath. It was one of those days where you just want to huddle under a blanket with that special someone and never venture farther than the fridge for a snack.

The wind whipped and howled sending my two dogs into a frenzy thinking there was someone at the door all day long. Boy I hope they sleep good tonight. I know I will.

The good news is they are calling for temps in the 50's beginning next week, at least for a few days. Hold onto your shorts, that's a heat wave this time of year in my little corner of the world.

Well, now to the writing part of my life.
I've been thinking about writing a short story and posting bits and pieces of it on my blog. Not sure what I'll write, but I'll give it some thought. Since I've never written a short story before this will be new territory for me. Hopefully this will filter some new readers to my books.

I'm still reeling from the holiday madness and having a hard time getting my mind back where it belongs. Therefor my writing has been put on the back burner. Bummer.......cause ole Ricochet is stomping his foot and sneering at me waiting for his story to be finished. I think Ricochet is my favorite character from the Black Smoke series. He's funny, intelligent, brave and not afraid to admit when he's wrong.. The street wise man can make a woman laugh or want to smack him..what more can you ask from in a guy??

I better get his story finished soon or he'll haunt my dreams. He's already talking to me inside my head. "Come on girl, what's the hold up?"
"Can't wait around forever. Gotta life to live ya know."
"Ya gonna hook me up with that Rogue woman or leave me danglin'?"
Ah yes, he never shuts up lately. But that's good, he'll push me until I get my ice cold bottom on the move again.

For now, I'm going to go crawl under a pile of blankets and try to stay warm while the wind whistles around the house making me colder just listening to it. Yuk I hate wind.

Until next time.................

Happy Reading................

www.robinleighmiller.com

No comments: