Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Protect and Serve"

Great News! I was offered a contract for my latest story. In my last post I mentioned the working title was "Mine to Kill", well that got axed because the publisher doesn't like references to death in the titles. No big deal. So, I kicked it around and came up with "Protect and Serve"

If you read "SPLICED" you remember Officer Kevin Stone and I thought this new title fit him so well. He takes his job seriously and it turns out, he takes loving his lady seriously as well. I have to say, I was shocked at how hot and eager to "serve" he turned out to be. Stone, you dawg! Gotta love a man who puts everything into a relationship.

I side note, a contract was also signed by a buddy of mine, Robby Mills, for her second title "REKINDLE THE FLAME" Now, if you're easily offended by graphic words and explicit sex scenes, best not check that book out. BUT! If you're into hot, melt you computer screen, curl your toes scream out loud stories, well, enjoy! Her stories aren't for the faint of heart, I warn you now.


Also, on this day of remembrance, I'd like to take a moment and say my thoughts and prayers are with families who lost loved one's on this day 11 years ago. A tragidy of epic proportions which should never be forgotten or never made light of. I remember the day so well and have no doubt it will stick with me until my dying breath. What I choose to think about now is the sight of the first responders rushing into two damaged buildings as others rushed out. Men and women who put others before them and paid the ultimate price.

It takes a special person to be a Police Officer,Fireman, EMT, Paramedic. Those people we depend on when we are at our lowest are selfless and I can honestly speak from experience when I say they are few and far between.

And, let's not forget our Soldiers who went into battle to defend our country from further cowardly attacks. Bless each and every one along with their families. Once again sacrifices were made by selfless individuals and for all who were affected by this day 11 years ago, for those who were left behind, I haven't forgotten about you either. You are constantly in my thoughts and I wish the very best future for you all.

Happy reading everyone......and take a moment to simply remember.

No comments: