Monday, October 10, 2011

Tempest's Gift in Audio


I finished proofing Tempest's Gift in audio. I have to admit, I've never listened to an audio book before. I prefer reading rather than listening, so this was a new experience for me. It was strange hearing my words read back to me. Hearing someone else's interpretation of my story. The small inflections in sentences, words and of course how the reader creates the character's voices.

Yes, it was strange and I'm not sure I'll be buying any audio books for a while. I much prefer reading and letting the story take life in my imagination. Don't get me wrong, the reader did a wonderful job and maybe if I'd listened to someone else's book first, I might have a different opinion. It took some time to work up the courage to begin listening, but after I got past the first chapter, it went smoothly. Still, nothing beats reading a book for yourself.

When I find out the release date, I'll post it along with the link.

No comments: