Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome June

Another month passes and in a day and half, the kids are home for the summer. Not sure if that's a good thing or not yet. My writing time will be cut severely. Guess I'll have to send them all out of the house for a few hours a day. I could always grease them up and send them to the pool for about two hours. Not only good exercise but it'll wear them down.

Currently I'm working on a short story for the 4th of July to submit in a few weeks. I need to get it done and out asap. Everyone in the house will have to deal with it. My hubby will give me the time I need, he's great that way. I'm very lucky.

On the racing front, the kid did super well. Each week he gets faster and learns a little bit more. Two laps away from finishing the race, another driver spun him out. Now, there seems to be some question if it was intentional or not. Me, I say let it go the first time. Second time, well, things might get ugly. That's the beauty of racing. Tempers, tempers. Mom or dad might have to climb in the car and take care of the problem if it happens again. I say, strap me in and get out of my way. Mess with my kid, mess with me. Racin's racin' until you're constantly being hit by the same driver and then its a problem that needs dealt with. Okay, I'm done venting about that.

So, if my short story gets accepted, I'll let you know. Fingers crossed for me please.


Have a great rest of the week and......

Happy Reading.......

No comments: