Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wonderful Reviews Coming in for Spliced

Please, forgive my excitement, but I have some wonderful reviews coming in for Spliced from readers I'd like to share.

I absolutely LOVE this book. It is a well-written, heart-wrenching romance with deep, believable characters. Ms. Miller weaves together descriptive, emotional scenes of war, loss, and grieving with scorching hot bedroom scenes between a protective, heroic alpha male and a strong, courageous heroine. Ms. Miller captured my attention and stole my heart by thoroughly grounding the characters in a wartime back-story and following Ridge and Avery through the military's honorific funeral ceremonies. As these characters suffered the loss of their friend and brother, I found myself emotionally invested in the story, crying at the thought of losing a loved one and appreciating the sacrifice that men and women in uniform so willingly give. As both stubborn, misguided, three-dimensional characters come to terms with their relationship, Ms. Miller gives the reader a hard-bodied, war-battered soldier with hidden sensitivities, a hot cop who incites jealousy in our soldier boy (hope this isn't the last we see of Stone), and a curvy leading lady who keeps her man coming back for more...and more! I'll definitely be reading this one again and looking forward to Ms. Miller's next romance. Now, if I could only find myself a soldier... :)

The fact that the reader took the time to leave this review means so much to me. Sometimes, you aren't sure how your work is being received and in this economy you want to give a reader a story they won't regret spending their hard earned money on.

Put it this way, by page 25 I am bawling like a baby. By page 33 I have a smile on my face because you know its about to HOT. And bam! Next thing I know I'm on here giving the book 5 stars and I am still in the process of reading it! Its just that good. Ok I'm back! I just finished the book. Could not put it away. Thank you Robin for a very long night. This book is worth of the 5 star rating. The emotion and realism captured within these pages are worth every penny. Just make sure you have a box of tissue next to you! You will need them. That or my pms is just making me very emotional lol

Seeing comments like these made all the research and time spent writting this story worth it. The two reviews above gave me 5 star ratings. You can read more reviews at here

The next reviewer gave a 3 1/2 star rating at GoodReads, but I understand her opinion and respect it.

This has been another really hard review for me.

I am a fan of Robin Leigh Millers writing style. Her writing is sexy as hell and even dirty in enjoyable doses.

In Spliced, I was completely gobsmacked by the first half of the book. It starts off with Avery loosing her twin brother while fighting in Afghanistan. But the pain doesn't stop there - you are taken on the extremely emotional journey of her brothers final trip home. Every single little detail had my heart bleeding for Avery.

"It was our honor to bring your brother home, Miss Easton."

It was heart wrenching, absolutely, undeniably, upsetting and to explain just how emotional it was - I cried. I gawd damn cried! I far-king CRIED!!! I do not cry in books people. And let me tell you another thing, if my husband wasn't in the same room as me for the majority of the first half of the book I would have bawled like a baby.

Not only did Avery loose her brother, but his best friend was there when he died. Which brings in the love interest - Ridge.

I felt like their reunion was going to be all kinds or sweet and romantic and it sure as hell was sexy. Their first sexual encounter had me smiling. They played a little bit of 'hard to get' which I really enjoyed.

"I guess you don't want to come - that's okay. I'll just lick all that cream away on your thighs while I jerk off and then I'll leave. That's what you want, isn't it, for me to get the hell out of here?"

The playful fighting was enjoyable....at the start. But it continued throughout the book and made the love between them a little less convincing by the end IMO.

Even now I am still wondering if it would have been better for her to go for the second love interest - Stone. Now Stone was a sweetie. He was so damn kind, hung like a horse too - which always comes in handy (no pun intended.

So as a quick round up of my thoughts - I lOVED the first half, 4 out of 5 stars, but the ending didn't hit me as hard as the start and I would give it a 3 out of 5.

Still a great book, well written and damn saucy



After exchanging a few emails with the reviewer, she explained to me that the tension filled relationship between Ridge and Avery wasn't something she was accustomed to. I get that. Sincerely, I do. Not all relationships are smooth and easy going. Those of us who are fortunate to have a partner that makes us laugh and is easy to communicate with are lucky.

Ridge and Avery's romantic relationship blooms from tragidy, throw in a lot of self doubt on Ridge's part and Avery's unwavering commitment to the man she loves and tension builds. Sometimes we have to travel down extremely rocky roads to reach the prize at the end, and in this story, that is what I wanted them to do.

I greatly appreciate the reviewers opinion, but as any writer will tell you, you can't please everybody.

So, I hope you will give Spliced a chance and experience Ridge and Avery's budding romance for yourself.

Below are links where Spliced can be purchased.

Ellora's Cave (Prefered Link to buy from)

All Romance eBooks

Amazon

Remember, leaving a detailed or even brief comment for an author's work never goes unappreciated.

Stay tuned.....I have a release coming in January for the new Men's Line at Ellora's Cave.

No comments: